Who enters into these Terms.
- These Terms and Conditions for the CARTO Referral Program (“Terms”) are made between you, a current or former Authorized User of the CARTO Platform ("you") and CartoDB Inc. ("CARTO"), and governs your participation in CARTO’s program for Authorized Users to refer new customers to CARTO (the "CARTO Referral Program").
How you enter into these Terms; updates to the Terms.
- By requesting or sending a Referral Link (defined below) or completing a Referral Form (also defined below), you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms.
- We may modify these Terms by posting an updated version. By continuing to participate in the CARTO Referral Program after the posting of such modifications, you shall be deemed to have accepted such modifications.
- Any capitalized terms that are not defined in these Terms have the meanings set forth in the CARTO Platform Terms and Conditions, available at carto.com/legal.
How you refer someone to CARTO.
- CARTO makes a unique URL available to Authorized Users for the purpose of recommending the CARTO Services ("Referral Link"). Authorized Users can provide this Referral Link to prospective CARTO customers ("Referred Prospects") for them to get in touch with CARTO.
- CARTO also makes a form available to Authorized Users for the purpose of recommending the CARTO Services (“Referral Form”). Authorized Users can fill out a Referred Prospect's business email address and business phone number for CARTO’s evaluation pursuant to section 5., below.
Who counts as a Referred Prospect.
Staff at for-profit companies.
- Referred Prospects must be staff of businesses that engage in commercial activity for the sale of goods and/or services with the primary purpose of generating a profit.
Folks who are personally and directly known to you.
- Referred Prospects must be, at the time you send a Referral Link or complete a Referral Form, friends, family members, colleagues, neighbors, or classmates, or individuals who are part of a broader network of trusted contacts who you know directly in a professional or personal context. By participating in the CARTO Referral Program, you represent and warrant that you have a personal or professional direct relationship with your Referred Prospect.
What you get if your Referred Prospect becomes a Qualifying Referral.
CARTO may award you a Referral Reward if your Referred Prospect is determined by CARTO to be a Qualifying Referral.
What’s a Qualifying Referral?
A “Qualifying Referral” means a Referred Prospect who
- has not already been referred by an Authorized User;
- is not registered with CARTO at the time of the Referral under an existing potential sales transaction ("Open Opportunity"); and
is approved to use the Services, subject to CARTO's Know Your Customer ("KYC") process and CARTO approval policies in place at the time of
- the Referred Prospect's application to register via the Referral Link or
- your completion of the Referral Form, as applicable.
What’s a Referral Reward?
The “Referral Reward”
- is a discount, cash reward, loyalty points, free products or services, exclusive access, or other perk or incentive;
- may change from time to time;
is set forth where the Referral Link or Referral Form are located; and
is set to the value displayed where the Referral Link or Referral Form are located at the time the Referral Link is shared or Referral Form is completed.
When you get a Referral Reward.
Once CARTO knows the Referred Prospect is a Qualifying Referral.
- You will receive a Referral Reward following CARTO’s determination that a Qualifying Referral has been made, as set forth at section 5., above.
- You will receive a notification, which may be in the form of a Referral Bonus delivered by a third party, if the Referral Bonus criteria are met. Please allow 8 weeks to receive the Referral Bonus. Your use of the Referral Bonus may be governed by additional or third party terms and conditions. Please note that the Referral Bonus may be issued to you or one of your authorized Users.
Things you won’t be notified of by CARTO.
You will not be notified of whether a Referred Prospect
- who has used your Referral Link or
- whose details you shared via a Referral Form
has registered for a CARTO account.
Restrictions that would disqualify you from receiving Referral Rewards.
No paid advertising.
- You may not use any paid advertisement to promote the CARTO Referral Program, including but not limited to, paid search marketing, advertisements, affiliate networks, paid email campaigns or other similar methods.
- You may not use a Referral Link or Referral Form to create a new CARTO account for your employer, its affiliated entities, or yourself.
The personal information obtained as part of the CARTO Referral Program will be collected, processed, and used in accordance with CARTO’s Privacy Notice, which is available for your review at carto.com/privacy. By participating in the CARTO Referral Program, you represent and warrant that you have the necessary consents to submit your Referred Prospect’s information to CARTO through the CARTO Referral Program.
Before participating in the CARTO Referral Program and accepting any Referral Rewards, you agree to review your employer's policies, including but not limited to anti-bribery and corruption policies, conflict of interest policies, and any other relevant workplace policies that may impact your ability to accept a Referral Reward. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with your employer's policies and seek necessary approvals, if applicable.
By participating in the CARTO Referral Program and accepting any Referral Rewards, you agree that you assume full personal liability for any consequences arising from accepting the Referral Reward, including any potential violation of your employer's policies. CARTO shall not be held responsible or liable for any adverse actions, penalties, or repercussions that may arise as a result of your participation in the CARTO Referral Program and/or acceptance of a Referral Reward.
The Referral Reward may qualify as taxable income. You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes resulting from your participation in the CARTO Referral Program. CARTO will not be obligated to report federal and state taxes to relevant authorities, but may report such income as required by law.
CARTO reserves the right to withhold, deny, or cancel any Referral Rewards if CARTO, in its sole discretion, deems the award of any Referral Reward as fraudulent, abusive, unethical, suspicious, or otherwise inconsistent with these Terms, the CARTO Platform Terms and Conditions, or any applicable laws or regulations.
CARTO reserves the right to suspend or terminate the CARTO Referral Program at any time and for any reason in its sole discretion upon Notice to you, or by deactivation of the Referral Link or Referral Form. Your eligibility for the CARTO Referral Program and the eligibility of any referrals is determined in the sole discretion of CARTO.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF CARTO, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS CORPORATE PARTNERS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CARTO REFERRAL PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), SHALL BE 1 USD.
These Terms, together with any other documents incorporated herein by reference, constitute the sole and entire agreement of you and CARTO with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter.